- Graduate student Rajoshi Biswas’s work is featured on local TV news, WSJ and several other media outlets; see Modeling Aerosol Deposition project page.
- Graduate student Mayank Kumar is featured on Biomedical Optics Express 15 Most Cited Articles List.
- Undergraduate student researcher June Chen wins honorable mention in highly competitive 2017 CRA Undergraduate Researcher Award.
- Rice and IBM explore Watson-powered robot designed to aid elderly and caregivers, using Rice CameraVitals.
- Undergraduate research student Anika Zaman (Digital Gym team member, Fall 2016) is awarded the Chevron Scholarship in Engineering.
- Undergraduate research student James Grinage (Digital Gym team member, Jan-Dec 2016) is awarded Mellon Mays Fellowship.
- mobileVision is presented at the eHRI Summit.
- CameraVitals team member Mayank Kumar wins a Texas Instruments Graduate Student Fellowship related to his CameraVitals work.
- Undergraduate student Peter Washington awarded the Rice Engineering Alumni Association Research Excellence Award and the Rice Engineering Alumni Association Senior Merit Award.
- CameraVitals algorithm, distancePPG, is featured on the Rice homepage.
- mobileVision is featured on the Rice website.
- CameraVitals is selected as one of the 8 finalists for Vodafone Wireless Innovation Project. Prof. Sabharwal and Graduate Student Mayank Kumar presented final presentations.
- Undergraduate student Hasitha Dharmasiri is awarded the Chevron Scholarship in Engineering.
- Graduate students Rajoshi Biswas and Mayank Kumar win big at the Rice Graduate Student 90-Second Thesis Competition – Rajoshi Biswas, “Best Engineering Presentation”, and Mayank Kumar, “Audience Favorite.”
- Rice ECE Senior Design students develop VitaLink, an infant monitoring system via tablets, and win the School of Engineering Undergrad Design Showcase award. Prof. Sabharwal was an advisor to the team.
- Undergraduate student researcher Peter Chang and team win best demo award and runner-up best paper award at mHealthSys 2011.